APPLICATION FILING PERIOD: February 15 – May 1, 2013
The Danny Gutierrez Memorial Scholarship was developed to assist minorities and females studying electronic and engineering majors, who need financial assistance to attend college. Each year, 1 scholarship is awarded to 1 individual who is studying electronics or engineering.
Danny was a friend and mentor to many of us, with a passion to help those in need. Especially those whose dream was to achieve higher education. Danny began his career in the FAA after graduating from California State University Northridge with a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
The Danny Gutierrez Memorial Scholarship was established in his memory. On March 26, 2008, Danny succumbed to a long battle with cancer. Danny was a member of NHCFAE for 12 years and during 6 of those he held the position of Regional Chapter Director for the Western Pacific Chapter. He served 1 year as the Vice President to finish out a term that was left vacant. Eventually, he became the National Director of Resources for 2 and a half years, until the time of his passing.
Danny’s spirit of honesty, along with his loyalty, humor and friendship is sincerely missed by those who had the honor of knowing him.
BASIC ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Major field of study must be in Engineering/Technical (ONLY).
- Must be a US Citizen or a permanent resident residing in the United States or Puerto Rico.
- Applicants must be accepted or attending an accredited college, university, or vocational/trade school at the time the scholarship is awarded.
- Applications postmarked later than May 1, 2013 will not be accepted. Faxed applications will not be accepted.
- The NHCFAE Scholarship Selection Committee evaluates applicants on the following criteria:
- Education in Engineering/Technical Fields
- Financial Need
- Academic Achievement
- Student Activities
- Community Involvement
- Personal Qualities and Strengths
- All decisions by the Scholarship Selection Committee are FINAL.
APPLICATION and NOTIFICATION PROCEDURES
- All applicants must submit a complete application package postmarked no later than May 1, 2013.
- Download the application form by clicking Application for Danny Gutierrez Memorial Scholarship Program. Leave no blanks; if an item does not apply, indicate with “N/A”. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Be sure to sign and date the application in the space provided. You may use another sheet of paper to answer some of the questions.
- Submit a copy of the following Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Financial Report submitted to the college, university or vocation/trade school where you are or will be enrolled.
- Submit an official transcript (sealed) of recent high school/college/vocational or trade school and a verification of enrollment must accompany your application. Please have school compute and annotate GPA on official transcript based on 4.0 (unweighted). First year graduate students are to send their undergraduate transcript.
- Letter of Recommendation (dated within past year) is to be submitted from a school official who can verify your academic honors and/or awards; student activities; and community involvement as well as discuss your potential for future success. It should address qualities such as motivation, self-confidence, leadership and commitment. The name of the school with an address and telephone number of the official writing the recommendation should be included.
- Scholarship winners names will be published in the NHCFAE’s Annual Conference Program.
- Selected applicants will be notified after September 1, 2013.
Send the complete application to:NHCFAE Scholarship Selection Committee P.O. Box 23276 Washington, D.C. 20026-3276
If you have any questions regarding the Danny Gutierrez Memorial Scholarship Program, please email to email@example.com and a reply will be sent to your e-mail address.