NHCFAE Foundation FAAmilia Scholarship Program
The NHCFAE champions the pursuit of higher education and supports students with merit-based scholarships. In 2018, the Coalition created the NHCFAE Charitable Foundation as a way to support the education of members and their families, and to replace the NHCFAE FEEA Scholarship.
This year, the NHCFAE Foundation FAAmilia Scholarship Program application filing periods is from February 13, 2023 to May 1, 2023.
HOW TO APPLY
Current Application Period open until May 1, 2023
STEP 1: Check Your Eligibility
- Must be a US Citizen or a permanent resident residing in the United States or Puerto Rico.
- NHCFAE members, spouses and children or legal dependents under the age of 25 of NHCFAE members
- Children, dependents or spouses applying for support must be enrolled or planning to enroll full-time in their academic program. NHCFAE member applicants may study part-time.
- Applicants must have a 3.0 or higher cumulative, unweighted grade point average. Applicants with a grade point average below 3.0 are not eligible to apply.
- All applications must be submitted by May 1, 2023 at 11:59 PM EDT. Applications received after the application deadline will NOT be accepted.
Step 2: Get the Details
- Current application period February 13, 2023 to May 1, 2023.
- Selection Criteria: Scholarship selection committee members consider the following factors in ranking and recommending applicants:
- The applicant’s record of academic and personal achievement
- The applicant’s record of community service and engagement
- The recommendation of the academic or professional contact, and
- The substance and quality of writing throughout the application
- The NHCFAE Scholarship Selection Committee evaluates application packages and all decisions by the committee are FINAL.
- Depending on the amount of funding raised prior to award, scholarships will be no lower than $500 for one year of academic study at an accredited college or university.
- The scholarship is not renewable, however, applicants may apply every year they are eligible, whether or not they received an award in the past.
- All scholarships are subject to availability of funding.
- After scholarship is awarded recipients will be asked to submit a short article for the NHCFAE FAAmilia magazine.
- After scholarship is awarded recipients will asked to submit a video under 60 seconds explaining their educational goals and how the scholarship will help achieve them.
- Scholarship recipients will be acknowledged during the Annual National Training Conference.
- Scholarship names will be published in the NHCFAE website and in our FAAmilia magazine.
Step 3: Apply
- The deadline to submit applications is May 1 at 11:59 PM EDT. Applications will not be accepted beyond the deadline. Applicants are encouraged to request their recommendation letter and submit their applications well before the deadline in case of any last minute technical challenges.
- All applications must be completed online.
- Fax, email or mailed applications will not be accepted.
- Applicants will need to upload a PDF copy of their most recent transcript and one letter of recommendation in order to complete the application. Please obtain these documents prior to starting your application. Applications without transcripts or letter of recommendation will be disqualified.
- Recommendation letter may be from a teacher, professor, guidance counselor, community member (ex: coach, volunteer supervisor, club mentor, etc), or professional (supervisor or colleague). Recommendation letter should be signed and no longer than 1 page.
- Download application here: NHCFAE Foundation Scholarship
- February 13, 2023- Application period Opens @ 8:00 AM Eastern Time
- May 1, 2023 - Application period Closes @ 11:59 PM Eastern Time
- August 1-3, 2023 - Scholarship recipients will be acknowledged during the Annual National Training Conference.
- September 30, 2023-Selected applicants will be notified no later than September 30, 2023 and names will be displayed on the NHCFAE Foundation FAAmilia Scholarship Program webpage.
Applicants will not be discriminated on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Questions in reference to this Scholarship program may be submitted to the National Director of Education at email@example.com.
NOT A MEMBER?
Join now to receive exclusive membership benefits and updates