Cynthia Garcia Memorial Educational Reimbursement Program
The NHCFAE wants to celebrate the members of our FAAmilia, support their growth and help them become stronger leaders within the FAA and in their community. The Cynthia Garcia Memorial Educational Reimbursement Program is a resource to help our members continue their higher education journey and accomplish their professional development goals.
Our FAAmilia lost Cynthia on June 2, 2016. Cynthia shared our passion for the Coalition by being actively engaged in several roles such as the MMAC Deputy Regional Chapter Director (RCD), MMAC RCD and was elected and serving as the National Director of Education (DOE) when she went missing.
Cynthia's love for education was evident by her own pursuit of a Bachelor's Degree from the University of Oklahoma. She took advantage of the Membership Tuition Reimbursement Program to help fund part of her education. In her role as DOE, she was able to give back through the program to other members that had applied.
It was only fitting that we honor Cynthia by renaming the program that is meant to acknowledge our own for their hard work and perseverance in professional development.
In honor of Cynthia Garcia the NHCFAE Tuition Reimbursement Program was renamed to The Cynthia Garcia Memorial Educational Reimbursement Program on September 2021.
This year, the Cynthia Garcia Memorial Educational Reimbursement Program will have two application filing periods February 13, 2023 to April 17, 2023 and July 2, 2023 to October 9, 2023.
HOW TO APPLY
Current Application Period open until April 17, 2023
STEP 1: Check Your Eligibility
- Cynthia Garcia Memorial Educational Reimbursement Program is for NHCFAE Members ONLY.
- Enrollment and completion of a program or course(s) of higher education MUST have been within the previous calendar year.
- NHCFAE members applying must be a dues paying NHCFAE member for at least 1 year as of the application period deadline.
- All applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM EDT on current filing period date.
Step 2: Get the Details
- Current application period February 13-April 17, 2023.
- Reimbursement amounts.
- The NHCFAE Scholarship Selection Committee evaluates application packages and all decisions by the committee are FINAL.
- Recipients will be asked to submit a short article for the NHCFAE FAAmilia magazine.
- Recipients will asked to submit a video under 60 seconds explaining their educational or professional development goals and how the reimbursement will help achieve them.
- Recipients will be acknowledged during the Annual National Training Conference.
- Recipients’ names will be published in the NHCFAE website and in our FAAmilia magazine.
Step 3: Apply
- Complete the application form by clicking Application for Cynthia Garcia Memorial Educational Reimbursement Program. Leave no blanks; if an item does not apply, indicate with “N/A”. Incomplete applications will not be processed. You may upload a word document to answer some of the questions if needed.
- Submit proof of successful course completion, showing name, grade and date of completion MUST have been within the previous calendar year.
- Upload of proof of payment to educational institution MUST be attached.
- February 13, 2023 - First Application period Opens @ 8:00 AM Eastern Time
- April 17, 2023 - First Application period Closes @ 11:59 PM Eastern Time
- August 1-3, 2023 - Selected recipients will be acknowledged during the Annual National Training Conference.
- July 1, 2023 - Second Application period Opens @ 8:00 AM Eastern Time
- October 9, 2023 - Second Application period Closes @ 11:59 PM Eastern Time
Applicants will not be discriminated on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Questions in reference to this Scholarship program may be submitted to the National Director of Education at email@example.com.
NOT A MEMBER?
Join now to receive exclusive membership benefits and updates